Click on any picture and navigate along the picture set using the Arrow Keys. Press F11 for a full screen experience.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Pleasant Weather

Bangalore weather is very pleasant since the last few days. I went out for a drive along the Hebbal Ring Road on my bike.

This is the KR Puram Flyover, which I think is built on the lines of the Howrah Bridge,Kolkotta. We can literally feel the flyover shake, when a heavy vehicle passes on it. This is beacuse of the suspension of the flyover by the Iron ropes


View of the flyover from the side.


I intentionally used the ropes to compose this picture.


I went to the Hillock in Hebbal on my way back. I was seeing this hillock since I was ten years old from the roads, but never got the opportunity to go there. Finally I made it. I was amazed to see this big rock. It looked as if it was about to roll down any time. The crevice and the plant on the top make this rock attractive.


The view of the hebbal flyover from the hillock. Bangalore truely deserves the name Garden City. Even though the city is deteriorating day by day in terms of the calmness, the greenery is still significant in the city. Is there this much greenery in your city???

15 Opinions:

That Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
That Girl said...

Hey there:D thanks for dropping by my blog! yeah was gonna say.. the rock's GRINNING!!!

enigma said...

Nice pics... it's always a pleasure to see pics of namma bengalooru :)

Sindhuja Parthasarathy said...

bright!

AI said...

hey karthik, how've you been?, and what pleasant weather? its been raining all day :(

ss said...

I too liked the flyovers there. When I was in bangalore the weather was cool. In fact my friends often talk about it. The only thing in didnt like was the traffic jams. The greenary was amazing! Nice pics.

Potpourri said...

Interesting.

GS said...

Wow! the flyover looks cool ... but did you say it shakes?

Karthik L G said...

gaythri it does shake, atleast i felt it

Anonymous said...

Hi Karthik
I went over the flyover a couple of months ago. It looks great. Now that I have got more details about it, Thanks to you.
Bangalore looked a bit polluted and brown though when we passed thro. Watch out because Madras is getting greener and greener everyother day...courtesy god...with his rain and the patriotic madras citizens who are determined to make it a greener & #1 comp city. Nice photos
Cheers

Vinu said...

Hey
I like the symmetry u got in the first pic. And the ropes...a diff kind. Good ones.

pk said...

Cool looking bridge. LOL @ Ian comment.

Kamakshi said...

interesting bridge series. have u tried getting shots of this bridge fm across the river? (is it over a river btw?) it'll be cool to get the straight full view of the bridge .. esp in b/w .. wat say?

Karthik L G said...

but thrs no river kams

Art said...

wow!!! looks gr8 :)When i come back to blore...will surely go n have a look