Click on any picture and navigate along the picture set using the Arrow Keys. Press F11 for a full screen experience.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Hats off Daddy !!!



This post is dedicated to my Dad. The last post was about my drive on my bike. But my dad went to Thirumala last February(2004) by, guess what .......................................... By Walk !!! He took 10 days to cover the whole distance from 'Ashirwad' (my house in Ganga Nagar, near RT Nagar,Bangalore) all the way to the top of the 'Thirumala Hills' . At the age of 62 this is an amazing feat, considering the fact he went alone. Usually devotees undertake such walks in large groups.

He had maintained a Travelogue at the end of each days walk. The write up in his own words are here for you . The Travelogue


16 Opinions:

Art said...

No words.....
Its simply amazing....
As u have said in the subject line Hats off to him...
I was really dumbstruck when i read the whole stuff......

Kousik said...

Yes sure hats off. We young people will hesitate and maybe give up what he did at his age! Great going, uncle.

GS said...

Hats Off! Three Cheers for our dad! Thats really awesome!

GS said...

BTW ... just read the travelogue! I hope your sis is blessed with a a very nice and healthy kid! The effort must be paid off!

Nish said...

Hats Off! amazing!

Raju PP said...

I am dumbstruck... really kano... Hatz off to him.. I cant even imagine myself doing anything like that.
Thanks a lot for letting us know :)

Karthik L G said...

On behalf of my dad thank u all for ur comments.

Well my first sister is blessed with a cute girl who is now in singapore..Aish 01 Aish 02

My 2nd sis for whom this walk was undertaken is awaiting a child. Hopefully soon. She is now busy in her job in the USA

Art said...

hey cute girl.... :)
very sweet

Potpourri said...

Woww. My hats off to your dad too.. Aish is cute.

Potpourri said...

The travelogue is soo - i have no words karthik. Hats off again to your dad.

Anonymous said...

Hats off to your dad dude.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Few more hats off :-) to your dad!

enigma said...

hey.. very cute girl.. Aish.. aishwarya is it? ..very nice blog... u've called it right.. hats off to ur Dad.. u should be really proud of him!

Twilight Dolphin said...

ur dad is a man of courage and determination i must say..i hope i can do some remerkable things for my family and in their names someday...and ur niece is o so sweet...
all the best to ur sis in US...

Karthik L G said...

thnx again on behalf of my dad guys..im proud of him

Ram Prasad Bojanki said...

Man, read the travelogue.
A real hats off to your dad.
Real strong man, with a big heart at 62.